It’s that time of year again. Time where my thoughts go backwards over everything I accomplished, or didn’t, and the time where I think about the future.
Last year I had 3 Resolutions: Write regularly, Continue reading as much as I had the previous year, and Improve my internet presence.
I can say that I’ve accomplished the first one. I finished my longest novel at 97,000+ words, wrote 3 short stories, and 1 serial story.
The second I think I succeeded. I’m on book 35 for the year. If you don’t count graphic novels I’m on 27. It’s all close enough for my liking. I’ve been able to read and enjoy lots of books.
The third was split into projects. You can check last week’s blog for what I’ve done and missed.
I would say that I’d give myself a Solid B+ for this year.
I’m going to be boring again and stick with the first 2 resolutions:
- I will Write 500+ words a day and complete 1 novel
- I will continue to read regularly and attempt to read 30 or so books
Let’s add another one:
- I will ensure there is 5 days a week of content on JenEric-Designs.ca
That’s all pretty standard and what I managed last year. So I’m going to add 3 more resolutions for next year:
- I will submit Parasomnia to at least 3 publishers and 3 agents
- I will start a web-show and update regularly
- I will write a serialized story that I will update every month (Wattpad maybe?)
This is a little more ambitious than last year and I’m already panicking but I think I can do it.
Wish me luck!
By the way the next few weeks I will be posting a sequel to Hal the Sun Speaker. You don’t need to read the first one to understand what’s going on. Read the first one anyways – it’s a lot of fun.
What new things do you plan on doing this coming year?