I’m still fighting this damned annoying cold and once again writing to you from the place I plan on writing all my novels when I make it big or retire. Our library is awesome.
I’ve recently come into 8-10 lbs of coffee beans. If you’ve read my blog or talked to me, you know I prefer flavoured coffee over regular. It’s not that I don’t like regular coffee, most of it I do but why have a regular coffee when you can have cinnamon.
Making Flavoured Coffee Bean Hack
- 2 cups of Coffee beans
- 1/4 teaspoon of Flavouring oils (I like the LorAnn super strength oils) available at Bulk Barn in Canada
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spread coffee beans on a clean cookie sheet
- Roast coffee for 1 minute in oven
- Remove and place in a bowl let cool 15-30 minutes until beans are warm
- Add oil to beans mix well and put in a covered container.
- Let the beans rest 24 hours.
- Over flavouring will result in a bitter maple taste. Let the bean rest in open air for 2-12 hours to mellow the taste
- Certain flavours, like Banana Cream have a natural bitter taste that shouldn’t be mixed with dark coffee.
Enjoy and let me know how you like the recipe.