This post is about when there is unusual or unexpected blood spotting.
Why might this happen?
- hormonal imbalance
- thyroid issues
- starting or stopping birth control (pills, patch, IUD, shots)
- emergency contraceptive
- menopause and perimenopause
- PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- ectopic pregnancy
- pelvic inflammatory disease
- uterine fibroids
- polyps (I don’t know why I love the way that word sounds)
- object insertion
What should be done?
Go see your doctor. I am not a medical professional. I can’t diagnose anyone. But if you’re concerned, go see someone who is and can!
Reasons you should be concerned:
- heavy or persistent bleeding in between normal menstrual cycle
If you’re enjoying the Blush blogs, consider learning more with Blush: The Card Game from Renaissance Press.