Hello Imaginary Friends,
Some days staring at the unwritten parts of a novel I freeze and wonder if I can actually do this. In those times I need to remind myself I can and have.
Here’s he list of things I’ve written, excluding short stories and serial stories, for the past 10 years.
- 2018: Elizabeth Investigates: Mystery of the Dancing Lights, Paragenesis: The Copper Tarnish, and The Café between ‘Verses (All Unfinished)
- 2017: Dinosaur Road Trip (Finished beta read and awaiting editing)
- 2016: Paragenesis: The Copper Tarnish (hoping to finish this for nano this year)
- 2015: Everdome (Accepted by Renaissance and hopefully being released in 2019)
- 2014: Everdome
- 2013: Parasomnia (Published 2017)
- 2012: Elizabeth Investigates: A Case of Synchronicity (Submitted to Renaissance)
- 2011: Elizabeth Investigates: The Sign of Faust (Published 2018)
- 2010: Elizabeth Investigates: A Study in Aether (Published 2016)
- 2009: Veridian Skies (Never going to see the light of day. It’s that bad.)
- 2008: Veridian Skies
So that means in the past 10 years I have completed 7 novels, had 3 published, and I’m working on another 3. A rough total of 640,000 words.
This is the first and early part of my career and I hope to keep writing and publishing for another fifty years.
It’s important to remind myself that I can do it. I’ve done it 7 times before and I’ll do it again. It’s hard and lots of work but totally worth it.
Ok, peptalk over. Back to writing.