Yet another movie that I did not watch in childhood. This one is a tad bit scarier for younger kids, and lots of fun for adults.
Here is the link for the downloadable materials. (Again, please let me know if you have any problems so I can fix it!)
|Watch movie||elephant toothpaste||pumpkin carving||Learn about Samhain||Flex|
Ballet and martial arts on alternate days
Singing, listening to different pieces, learning piano
The project she is working on (currently she is making herself a poncho)
We talk about the days of the week and play games with the cutouts of the names. We do the same thing with the names of the months of the year. You can find the print-outs here.
Counting objects/math-type activities
Count pumpkin seeds after cleaning them
Count candy packages and group them (do some subtraction)
Pumpkin carving: pick stencil and draw it on pumpkin, help scoop seeds (adult do carving)
Learn about Samhain (link to worksheets)
Next week: Coco
- [JD1]Ingredients for Elephant Toothpaste Experiment:
- A clean 16-oz plastic soda bottle.
- 1/2 cup 20-volume hydrogen peroxide liquid (20-volume is a 6% solution; you can get this from a beauty supply store or hair salon)
- 1 Tablespoon (one packet) of dry yeast.
- 3 Tablespoons of warm water.
- Liquid dishwashing soap.
- Food coloring.
- Small cup.
- Safety goggles.