Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Professor Charles Xavier, and Colossus deigned (in the case of NTW) to pose with the TARDIS.
Hello Coffee Lovers,
We have three new flavours that will be available at Ottawa Comiccon.
- Beanpool (A mixed roast with Canadian maple and and banana flavouring)
- Minty Mountain (A medium roast with peppermint flavouring)
- The Waking Dead (A dark roast without flavouring)
They will exclusively be available at Ottawa Comiccon the 11-13 of May. After that they will be available on our store.
Movies can be amazing or absolutely horrible. Below is the list of movies that came out this year that I saw and how I rank them. As usual, there are a lot more that I want to see.
My rankings are a combination of how much I liked the movie and if I’d be willing to rewatch it.
- Moana (A by-the-numbers Hero’s Journey that hits every note perfectly. The music was fantastic.)
- Finding Dory
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Kubo and the Two Strings (A by-the-numbers Hero’s Journey that hits every note perfectly. The music was fantastic. The only reason it isn’t higher is the awkward pseudo-Japanese flavour that rings a little false without any main characters, writers, or directors being from the culture.)
- Ghostbusters (I really enjoyed this. So much so I saw it twice. I like it better then the original.)
- Star Trek Beyond (Best of the trilogy and the one that felt most like Star Trek.)
- The Jungle Book (Way better than the animated one with one of the best performances I’ve seen.)
- Hail, Caesar! (Loved this movie but I wish I had a list of movies it was referencing so I could get all the jokes.)
- Captain America: Civil War (This was fun, but for a movie called Captain America, it had very little Captain America. There’s a reason people call it Avengers 2.5)
- Doctor Strange (A solid Marvel origin story for another white, snarky, male hero. But let’s be honest, we’ve seen this movie before.)
- Rogue One (This was an okay movie but wasn’t all that good. Mostly just meh)
- X-Men: Apocalypse (So much money spent on big battles. I find I don’t really care about these movies anymore.)
- Suicide Squad (Trainwreck but kinda fun. I talked about it here)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (I saw the theatrical version and it was one of the worst things I’ve seen.)
Do you disagree? Let me know what your favourite movie was.