Hello My Imaginary Friends,
Last December I set forth some pretty optimistic goals for this year’s resolutions. Let’s see how well I’ve done so far.
1. Write 3000 words a week. (Ongoing)
I have not been accomplishing this… unfortunately. I’ll continue to try in the months ahead.
2. Complete The Copper Tarnish by March. (Failed)
The more I wrote the less I liked this novella and so in the end I’m shelving it and I plan on re-writing it someday in the future.
3. Start the next Elizabeth Investigates. (Ongoing)
The Hound of Baker Ville was supposed to be the next Elizabeth book I write, but the more I plotted, the more I realized it fit better as book 6. Now I can add a bunch of reveals and twists that will make it so much more exciting.
I still plan on starting book 4, which will be called The Mystery of the Dancing Lights. It’ll be a summer camp novel in two different time periods where we’ll learn more about Jackie’s father’s youth.
4. Read 30 books. (Ongoing)
At half way through the year I’m at 13 books. Only a few behind. Lots of time to catch up.
5. Write a Monthly Serial Story. (Ongoing)
So far so good. I have 5 episodes done and the sixth will be on Thursday (hopefully).
6. Test, Produce, and Develop 2 new coffee flavours. (Succeeded)
7. Playtest the new content for FADDS and get it ready for submission in 2018. (Ongoing)
I’ve been casually editing it and adding a little more to the powers. I’m looking at hopefully a September playtest.
8. Continue to ensure there’s content 5 days a week on JenEric Designs. (Ongoing)
So far so good, we’ve been through sickness, vacations, baby stuff, and now me going back to work and stayed true to our five day schedule. Yay us!
10. Prepare A Case of Synchronicity submission to my publisher and Everdome for pitches at Can-Con. (Ongoing)
I’m currently editing Everdome and have finished about a third of it. I think a few good days and it’ll be ready for the Alpha-Reader/Weditor. Hopefully I’ll be able to get it out to 2-4 beta readers before Can-Con at the end of September.
A Case of Synchronicity, or book 3 of Elizabeth, has been through beta readers and needs another pass before it’s ready for submission, but I think this will be a late November or December job.
So far not bad; only 1 failure is pretty good by me. Maybe I’ll beat my 65% success rate from two years ago.
I’m not adding anything this year. Normally I would add some, but the next 6 months are going to be a crazy marathon of stuff. It’ll be a challenge to get everything done on this list.
How are you doing on your resolutions?