Hello My Imaginary Friends,
Allow me to be completely shameless. This year I have a book, a short story, and a few projects that are eligible for the Aurora Awards.
The Aurora Awards are awards, “for excellence in Science Fiction and Fantasy works and activities.” They are administered by the Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Association.
It’s a fan voted award in the vein of the Hugo’s, but with way more awesome people.
You’ll have to join the CSFFA for a pittance of $10 before you can nominate anyone. Once you’ve paid, you can nominate 5 works in each category. You can nominate works from now until May 6th.
The extra bonus of joining the CSFFA is you’ll get a voters package that includes most of the works that make the ballot. That’s 8-10 novels plus a bunch of other awesome stuff.
What do I have that’s eligible
Now that I’ve been shameless, here are a few works that I think are truly worth an award this year:
- Life in the ‘Cosm by Cait Gordon
- Bonhomme Sept-Heures by Evan May
- Sky Road Walker by S.M. Carrière
- Hellmaw: Eye of Glass by Marie Bilodeau
- Making a Living by Caroline Fréchette
- Mik Murdoch: Crisis of Conscience by Michell Plested
- The Great Sky by D.G. Laderoute
- A Study in Aether by Éric Desmarais
Fan Writing and Publication
The Aurora’s website has a section that lets you see eligible works. I like to think of it as a shopping list.
Go Nominate Works and enjoy the amazing science fiction and fantasy that came out last year.