Hello my Imaginary Friends,
What a year this has been. I’ve been extremely lucky overall, but it’s been an emotional rollercoaster.
1. Finish Writing The Dancing Lights (Failed)
Well this failed completely. I’ve had a really hard time writing this year. I need to find a way to force myself.
2. Finish Writing Paragenesis (Failed)
I’ve decided to rename this one… again. Other than that, I haven’t touched this since early in the year.
3. Write a Monthly Serial Story (Success)
Yay I did it. and I think it’s pretty good: Read this year’s serial story
JenEric Designs and Coffee
4. Ensure there’s content 5 days a week on JenEric Designs (Success)
It’s a year of change and there will be more in the new year.
5. Design and Produce 2 new coffee flavours (Success)
We released Apple Pie and a new branding for our unflavoured medium coffee. I’ll take that as a win.
6. Print, Package, and Sell Oneshot – The Simplest RPG (Fail)
I really think this will sell better at conventions if I can keep the price down. It’s on hold until the world is more vaccinated.
Editing and Marketing
7. Finish Playtesting the higher levels of Fadds (Success)
We tested the higher levels and it was great. I have a really good group at the moment and they’re finding all the loopholes and issues. I’ll hopefully keep going in the new year.
8. Figure out how to market my books better (Fail)
This is a great goal and a great idea… I wish I had something beyond this… I’m not great at pushing my stuff.
9. Read 20 books (Failed)
I managed 11 books this year. It’s not as much as I’d like, but like writing, I’ve had a hard time finding time to read.
10. Don’t Burnout (Success)
November almost killed me after some health issues. I came very close to a total burnout.
11. Be More Patient (Partial Success)
I’ve lost my temper a lot more than I should. I hate yelling. I hate that sometimes it’s the only way either child listens to me. I think I’ll say I half succeeded.
12. Play Some Video games with Dragon (Success)
It’s been ridiculously busy but we’ve played a few times. It’s fun and I hope we can manage it more in the new year.
13. Play Some Board Games with Dragon (Success)
We’ve played a few times and the holidays will hopefully lend themselves to some more games.
Looks like 7.5 successes out of 13… That’s 58%. For 2020, I’ll take it.
Here’s to hoping 2021 is a better year, for everyone.