Another year down, another decade coming to a close.
So lets see how I did:
1. Write a Monthly Serial Story (Success)
For the sixth year in a row I’ve written a serial story by the seat of my pants. It’s fun and I’m doing it again. Get your vote in for what will win for 2020.
2. Write the Bookend Material for the Short Story Collection (Success)
I wrote the material and added it to the short stories and submitted it to my publisher. I should hear in the new year.
3. Finish Paragenesis (Fail)
I’ve managed to get part way into chapter 11. Hopefully I’ll finish this one soon.
4. Get to the 2/3 mark on Mystery of the Dancing Lights (Fail)
I have to finish this one by mid-year next year. I want to submit it to my publisher by September for hopefully a release in 2022.
JenEric Designs and Coffee (1/2)
5. Continue to ensure there’s content 5 days a week on JenEric Designs (Fail)
We broke our 6 year streak with a missed post in February. The post was set for the right day but didn’t actually post and we didn’t notice until the next day; so it’s a fail.
6. Test, Design, and Produce 2 new coffee flavours (Success)
We debuted Mighty ThOrange, In Another Castle, and Unbirthday Cake this year. So I went a little overboard.
Editing and Marketing (2.5/4)
7. Edit and send Dinosaur Road Trip to a willing beta reader (Fail)
Yeah, I really need to do this, but I hate editing, I never plan on submitting this, and the story makes me sad and miss my mom.
8. Submit Everdome for blurbs (Success)
I gave my publisher all the information and they sent everything out. I got a really nice blurb from John Hass and a nice refusal from Seanan Mcguire.
9. Playtest the higher levels of FADDS (Success)
We’ve playtested 11-15 and so far it’s going splendidly.
10. Figure out how to market and sell CoasteRPG (Success/Fail)
I’ve changed the name to Oneshot – The Simplest RPG and I’m thinking making erasable character sheets with the rules on them. So I’ll say this is a half/half.
11. Read 20 books (Success)
I barely made this goal. It’s a lot harder to read with kids in the house and no bus ride but I made it.
12. Don’t Burnout (Success)
I came very close twice. I recognized the signs and made sure to rearrange things. It wasn’t easy and I’m still doing more than I probably should but overall good.
13. Be More Patient (Success/Fail)
Potty training, allergies, and two colds meant I didn’t have as much patience as I should have. But I’m trying and improving.
14. Play Some Video games with Dragon (Success)
I played some mobile games and also played some Disney Infinity with her. She’s having a hard time with controls, but overall it’s fun.
So the breakdown is 9/14 which is 64%. I think that’s pretty darned great. Hopefully I’ll do as well or better next year.
How did you do on your resolutions?