Assassins! Accidental Matchmakers has some pretty great music in it, so I made a spotify playlist of all the songs, in the order they appear within the book.
Do you think you can figure out what happens during each song?
Songs in order of appearance
- “Ordinary Day” by Vanessa Carlton
- “Lapdance” by N.E.R.D.
- “Lovers in a Dangerous Time” by Barenaked Ladies
- “I Want You” by Savage Garden
- “Let me Entertain You” by Robbie Williams
- “The Nearness of You” by Norah Jones
- “Bumblebee” by Aqua
- “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera
- “Ballroom Blitz” by Sweet
- “Cartoon Heroes” by Aqua
- “Deep Enough” by Live
- “A New Day Has Come” by Celine Dion
- “If The World Crashes Down” by Enrique Iglesias
One of the first things we did when writing this book was build a 2002 playlist.
I had already started writing my first chapter, and Kennedy had entered a bakery. I thought, shouldn’t there be music playing? What music would have been popular in September 2002?
Cue a post on Facebook asking about our friends’ favourite artists from twenty years ago. (Twenty? What?)
We bought a bunch of CDs to supplement what we already owned, and built an epic playlist to listen to while we wrote to add atmosphere. An entire scene in chapter 5 wouldn’t have been there without this playlist.