Hello My Imaginary Friends,
It’s July 2nd and that means half the year has passed us by… whoa. That was fast.
Let’s see how I’m doing with my resolutions.
1. Write a Monthly Serial Story (Succeeding)
So far, so good; I’ve written one every month except for April. But I wrote an extra chapter to make up for it so I consider that good.
Go Read Seren Plentyn and the Secret of Hokulua Station
2. Write the Bookend Material for the Short Story Collection (Failing)
I haven’t touched this yet… Hopefully I’ll get a chance this summer.
3. Finish Paragenesis (Succeeding)
I’ve written 8 of 15 chapters… so that’s good.
4. Get to the 2/3 mark on Mystery of the Dancing Lights (No movement)
I started the year with 10 of 30 chapters… so that’s a good thing… I’m not sure I’ll get this done but I’d really like to.
JenEric Designs and Coffee
5. Continue to ensure there’s content 5 days a week on JenEric Designs (Failed)
We broke our 6 year streak with a missed post in February. The post was set for the right day but didn’t actually post and we didn’t notice until the next day; so it’s a fail.
6. Test, Design, and Produce 2 new coffee flavours (Succeeded)
We debuted Mighty ThOrange, In Another Castle, and Unbirthday Cake this year. So I went a little overboard.
You can buy them and JenEric Coffee!
Editing and Marketing
7. Edit and send Dinosaur Road Trip to a willing beta reader (No movement)
I haven’t looked at it… 🙁
8. Submit Everdome for blurbs (Succeeding)
I wrote a draft letter, list of names, and started things off. It’s all up to my publisher now.
9. Playtest the higher levels of FADDS (Succeeding)
I’ve playtested level 10-11. In the fall, I’ll start a level 12-17 campaign.
10. Figure out how to market and sell CoasteRPG (No movement)
After a lot of thought, I’m come to realize this is a great concept, but not an easy thing to implement… I’ll think of something.
The game is great and works, but I have to find a better way to market/gimmick it.
11. Read 20 books (Succeeding)
I’ve read 13 of 20 so that’s great. I’m kinda hating the book I’m reading now, but we’ll see if it gets better.
12. Don’t Burnout (Succeeding)
I’m doing okay. I’ve come close a few times and been really in need of some rest, but overall I’ve done okay.
13. Be More Patient (Succeeding)
I’m trying… Really I am. I have my moments, but overall I think I’ve been better. My wife confirmed that I have been. Yay!
I still need to work on it. Especially at bedtime when all I want is sleep.
14. Play Some Video games with Dragon (Succeeding)
I’ve played some mobile games with her; she helps a little. Hopefully on parental leave we can try some console stuff.
So the breakdown is Succeeding/Succeeded 9, Failing/Failed 2, and No movement 3. At this rate I’m on course for a 60%+.
Hope you’re doing just as well!